Thursday, July 19, 2018

Comedy competition at Asakusa Little Theater

Yesterday, I went to Asakusa to see a live comedy show.

Asakusa Little Theater is called as the smallest theater in Asakusa. Its capacity may be around 60 people. Every day, you can see a series of comedy show played by several comedians. Manzai (talk show by two comedians), Conte (short story), and Pin-gei (amusement show by one person) are popular.

(This picture was shot in another day. You are not allowed to take a picture in the showtime.)

Yesterday, a competition by regular members of this theater was conducted. A total of 21 teams performed the play. And audience and professional judges made a vote to the best comedians.

It was for the first time for me to participate in the judge. It was more difficult than imagined to rank the plays fairly. I had some comedian I like. But I did not vote them because a competitor made better performance. As a result, however, the team I like won the vote.

There are several plays which were very fun. I enjoyed this time very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment