Monday, January 8, 2018

Visiting Hawaii island (2)

Hawaii island has a total of five volcanos. Among them, Kilauea and Mauna Loa are famous. The latter has 4,169m height. It is taller than Mt. Fuji in Japan.

I visited Halemaumau crator of Kilauea Volcano. It is located in the summit of Kilauea caldera. 


I saw rising smoke overthere in the crator. It was fantastic landscape.

Also, I visited Akaka falls. It is the largest falls in Hawaii. Looks gigantic.


I walles across the fixed lava. I felt the heat from the ground.


On the other hand, the summit of Mauna Loa is the highest place in Hawaii island. I visited there by car.


I could see the crowds below.

There are some astronomical observationaries in Mauna Loa because the sky is very clear.


This plant is silverthorne. It lives at only this area.


I tried to see the stars. But that day the moon was so bright that I could almost no stars, unfortunately.


There are fewer entertainments there compared to Oahu. But the nature and landscape are splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment