Friday, January 12, 2018

Bullying as an abuse

Bullying is a severe sequence of interaction between people, especially in children. The victims of bullying suffer from mental disturbance and occasionally physical dysfunction for a long time.


In recent studies, it is hypothesized that bullying has potentially adverse influence on victims' health as same as child abuse. It is well recognized that survivors of domestic violence in childhood often have several mental disorders such as bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder.

Governments of several nations are eager to reduce tragedies originated from bullying, such as suicidal cases. However, there are no decisive solutions found to prevent bullying entirely.

The Guardian: Bullying as damaging as child abuse – and needs same resources, expert says

Also in Japan, bullying has been focused for several decades. "Ijime," was used at least since the 1980s, as far as I memorize. Recently, some people dislike the word ijime because it can underestimate its halm, and suggest to use "violence," "abuse," or "crime," directly.

And, to be honest, I was bullied in my childhood. Some students made fun of my appearance and behaviors. I felt angry and lonely, then.

As I reckon now, my classmates had no intention to harm me. Lack of menace does not justify bad behavior. But, I needed not be worried about their interrupting, as I believe now. Simply, they were not wiser than me, then teasing a person they could not understand. And I was also not wise to understand the situation exactly. As it proves, after I entered a junior high school in which students were all gifted, I was never bullied again.

In reality, most subjects of bullying have something inferior to others. Some have disabilities; others are financially troubled. They need help but are in a position hardly to call for help. Therefore, an official intervention is required to aid them. I affirm the activity of Headspace in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment