Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sequels in September 2014

September 24, 2014
24 hours Tube coming in London

By the way, automated tube will not be realized for a decade in London, according to the authority. In addition to technical challenges, I guess it makes the issue more complicated that driverless tube would rob the seats of lots of employees. Mechanization is always both the friend and foe.

London Evening Standard: Driverless Tube trains on London Underground 'won't run until 2030'


September 20, 2014
Scotland chose not to be independent for a while

After the historic vote, the UK seems calm. The GBP is stable afterwards.



*Sequel


September 18, 2014
New gadgets from Apple, Samsung, and Amazon

I am wondering if I buy Kindle Voyage. Its 300 dpi resolution is so attractive that I expect to read some materials with PDF without stress. However, it is more expensive to buy one in the UK than in Japan by almost $100.


September 12, 2014
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, novel and play (2)


In the day I watched the play, I got a prize because I took a seat whose number was a prime number and the number calculated with a certain rule from my own name was a prime number. It is a cool gimmick.



September 8, 2014
Trying instant noodle in London

Recently, I found Demae-Icchoh, a popular instant noodle in Japan at Morrison's. Demae-Icchoh is a well known bland spread to Asia. I will try it soon.



September 6, 2014
Seeking house in London (3)

To be honest, I experienced serious discomfort about the accomodation. The landlord is a nice guy, but the agency is terrible. I am still in a trouble.


September 2, 2014
Giffgaff, a nice mobile carrier in the UK

Unfortunately, Giffgaff soon changed the paying policy. My usage of the internet is no more unlimited with the same monthly fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment