Monday, March 13, 2017

Yume Kara Sameta Yume: A musical play of my favorite

Today, I watched "Yume Kara Sameta Yume [Dream after Dream]," a musical play performed by Gekidan Shiki, on a blue ray disc. Gekidan Shiki is one of the most popular troupes in Japan. It also performs "The Phantom of the Opera," "Cats," and several great programs. But it is my favorite. I saw it in my adolescent. And I listened to the musical numbers of it with a CD so repeatedly that I remember the melodies and lyrics of it perfectly.

Amazon.com: Yume Kara Sameta Yume BD [in Japanese]

The heroine of this story is Pico, a little girl. She meets Mako, a girl who is actually a ghost. Mako was killed in a traffic accident and is seeking someone to switch with each other temporally to say good-bye to her mourning mother. Piko accepts her beg. Piko goes to the inter-celestial airport, to see several people who experienced immature death. After some incidents, Piko is to return to the real world. But before she switches again with Mako, her mother interrupts them. Mother intends to save Mako's life with sacrificing Piko. Finally, mother accepts the end of the day with Mako, and Mako goes to heaven.


In this film, I was charmed by some numbers sung by Piko and Mako. Among them, "Ikanaide [Do not go.]" is extremely fascinating. Although it is a very short song, it includes Mako's grief and sincerity, Mako's mother's tenacity and love to Mako,  and Piko's hesitation and kindness. I believe this is the best musical song.

Always I remember the musical film, I cannot refrain myself from crying. It ignites my primitive emotion deep in my mind.

By the way, seeing a sad film makes you feel happy, according to a recent study. Endorphin is secreted in your brain when you watch a traumatic scene. It would be acceptable with considering that your brain attempts to soften the shock. Furthermore, however, it is suggested that a shared experience of watching a sad film may strengthen the social bond of the members.

The Guardian: Watching sad films boosts endorphin levels in your brain, psychologists say

I do not recommend you to watch "Yume Kara Sameta Yume" with your lover. To be honest, it is a film rather for children. But if you believe the hypothesis above, it would be good to see a sad movie with your sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment