Friday, June 6, 2014

Are 3D movies valuable?

James McAvoy seems to dislike 3D movies.


According to him, 3D movies were merely an excuse to collect extra money. He was relieved to know that "X-MEN: First Class" would not be provided as a 3D film.

TORONTO SUN: ‘X-Men’ star says 3D a ‘waste of money’

I think his idea is biased. Nonetheless, it is true that some 3D cinemas are not so exciting. I often watch 3D films, some of which are disappointing.

Here is the list of 3D movies I have watched:

The Green Hornet
It is the first time of mine to watch a 3D movie in cinema. It was an amazing experience.

Green Lantern
I do not remember this movie in detail, but the pictures were considerably better.

Tangled
This is my best movie for 3D appreciation. I was extremely impressed at the scene of throwing many lanterns into the sky.

Frozen
This excellent movie satisfied me. However, Tangled was better than it.

Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2
The 3D did not work at all in this film. In spite of exciting story, I was disappointed.

Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace
Perhaps due to technical issues, this film was not exciting at all, at least in terms of the 3D.

Thor
Captain America the First Avenger
The Avengers
They were all good. It makes an impressive scene whenever a hero throws his weapon.

In general, the action scenes fit the 3D visual technology. However, I am likely to be satiated to 3D surrounding easily. I wonder additional $2 is worthy to pay for 3D. Nonetheless, I am going to watch X-MEN: days of future past in 3D soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment