Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Women prosecutors increasing

In Japan, women prosecutors are increasing, according to the media.

The Japan Times: Women increase presence, roles in prosecutors offices

So far, Japanese women were suffering from difficulty to get some kinds of jobs because of sexism. Discrimination against women was widespread for centuries. The act for equality of hiring opportunities was enforced in 1972. But this legislation became viable only these some decades, in my sense. Just recently, it was revealed that several medical schools had made women students disadvantageous in the entry examination for many years.

I am often collabolative with public prosecutors in my work. Indeed, I speak with women prosecutor more frequently in recent. I do not sense any differences between gender in their work.

On the other hand, women judges are rare in Japan, especially in elder judges. In the future, women judges will increase, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment