Friday, February 22, 2019

Smartphone in the future

I bought Samsung's Galaxy S9 recently because the previous smartphone was crippled.

My past entry: Crippled Nexus

The new smartphone is of course very good. Meanwhile, however, Samsung will launch the new model, Galaxy 10, soon. I knew this expectation, but I had no choice than replacing my smartphone.

Then, what is the final goal of smartphones?

According to the media, the larger the screen is, the more time we spend on the smartphone. This hypothesis is reasonable considering the convenience of a larger screen. But, there is a trade-off between the screen size and portability. You would not carry a device with an 8-inch screen identifying it as a phone.

Samsung is planning to launch a smartphone with a foldable screen. This vision has been suggested by Samsung since it adopted organic EL displays.

The New York Times: What’s Next for Smartphones? Here Are a Few Answers

Therefore, a foldable smartphone will be seen in the near future, I believe. But, it will never be an ultimate solution for the need for omnipotent smartphones. I have never visualized the final device the human can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment