Friday, March 8, 2013

Prepare to TOEFL started

I decided to take an examination of TOEFL.

TOEFL, Test of English as a Foreign Language is a standard of evaluating the ability of English. Students want to study abroad have to certify their English ability with TOEFL. It includes 4 regions of English utilizing, reading, listening, speaking and writing.

Compared TOEIC, TOEFL is not so common in Japan. However, in world view, TOEFL is more popular as far as I know.

Today, I read a textbook about TOEFL to recognize its quality as a tool for learning English.

The range of Questions in TOEFL is very wide. It examines not only English ability, but also some kinds of abilities demand for scholars. For example, in the speaking section, you are demanded to claim about your own opinion. The conclusion itself is not scored. But the process to the conclusion is looked into. The logical and clear expression is needed to get a high score. To be frank, I can lie about my opinion in TOEFL. Persuasive explanation is preferred.

Some people say that it is no use to prepare for examination, but I disagree. I think that training for TOEFL helps me to improve my skill in debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment