Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Roomba murder case (2)

Yesterday I wrote about a terrible mystery about my lovely Roomba.



At last my little gray cells found a hypothesis which offered a rational explanation about the puzzling situation.

Question 1: How did Roomba enter the closed room?

Actually, I usually my room keeps open. Perhaps I did not close the door to my room when I went to work in the morning.
And, doors in my home equip soft-closers. When forced, door automatically closes slowly.
So it is possible that the door of my room was partly opened in the morning. After entering my room, Roomba swept the floor and pushed the door from inside the room. Therefore, the door closed and Roomba could not get out of my room.

Question 2: Why did Roomba move unplanned?

It was Monday. I set the timer to make Roomba work on Wednesday, I tried to. But I examined Roomba to know that the time clock of Roomba was shifted by two days! I noticed the clock showed Wednesday at real Monday. After all Roomba performed his work on time based on his own clock timer.

Mystery is boring when solved.
I relieved myself to know no one enter my room to kill Roomba.

No comments:

Post a Comment