Monday, April 22, 2013

Fatal familial hypersomnia

Last night, I had a strange dream.

In my dream, I woke up at noon. I was surprised at overslept. I hurried up to my office.
However, I was astonished to know that it was the day after one week I had fallen asleep!
Then, one of my colleagues told me, with his compassion, that I caught “fatal familial hypersomnia”.

A patient with fatal familial hypersomnia tends to sleep for a long time. He cannot to wake up until he takes adequate sleep. The interval of awakening is getting shorter gradually. At last he falls asleep forever.

So I was notified that last time of my life was not so long.
I thought about various things. My family, my job, and my other activities; what should I do? Time was limited. I regretted my past life spent meaninglessly.
I went to my study.
A strong desire to write something about myself rose.
I had had a dream to become a writer in my childhood.
I wanted to certify my own life…

Then, I woke up.
It is a strange, terrible, but somewhat suggestive dream.
Today I am very pleased, nevertheless after a nightmare.

In fact, “fatal familial hypersomnia” does not exist.
Fatal familial insomnia” is a real disease. It is a kind of prion disease which is very critical and incurable. Fortunately it is an extremely rare disease.
On the other hand, hypersomnia is a relatively common disease. The cause of it is various.

Yesterday, I was very tired after a trip. So maybe I had a nightmare. However, this dream let me think deeply about my life. I am greatly thankful for my physical health and also getting an opportunity to imagine my real death.

No comments:

Post a Comment