Sunday, April 7, 2013

iPad mini, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire

Recently some kinds of 7-inch tablets were released one after another in Japan. Among them, the best choice may be either iPad mini by Apple, Nexus 7 by Google, or Kindle Fire by Amazon. Which you should choose is a difficult problem. Several articles are posted by IT writers.

IPad mini is a miniature version of iPad. Actually I have no iPad mini with me. But I can imagine its usability because I have an iPad. iPad mini has 7.9-inch display with 1024 * 768 resolutions.

Nexus 7 is an Android Tablet produced by Google. It equips 7-inch display with 1280 * 800 resolutions.

Kindle Fire is also Android-based tablet but it is specially customized for Amazon. The kindle Fire family has some variations including Kindle Fire (economic model), Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Fire HD 8.9”. The display of Kindle Fire HD is equal to Nexus 7, and its other specs are similar to Nexus 7.

Which should you buy?
Performance as a tablet does not differ one another.
My answer is simple. It depends on the provider you most frequently use.

Kindle Fire series is a little special. We hardly customize this, nor use original application store (Google Play). Only we can do is to enjoy contents by Amazon. Instead, they offer us the best experience of shopping at Amazon. I tried Kindle applications with iPad, Nexus 7, and other Android gears. They are inferior to Kindle Fire on usability.

Not to mention about iPad, it is a supreme gadget for an Apple lover. If you dislike Apple, iPad is no more than a metal board.
However, it is notable that iPad mini is more expensive than other tablets.

Nexus 7 has extreme generality, and few disadvantages. It equips GPS and NFC even in WiFi model.
So, if you do not use Apple or Amazon, the Nexus 7 is the solution.
I decided that I always put Nexus 7 in my business bag. The only disadvantage of it is shortage of battery.

Finally, I introduce a comment by Mr. Toshiya Takahashi, a famous IT writer in Japan. He recommends 10-inch tablet for beginners. I agree with him. Seven-inch tablets are valuable after being familiar with using a tablet.

(*sequel)

No comments:

Post a Comment