Friday, January 18, 2013

Three proverbs about creative people

Do you like a proverb? I do.
Today, I will introduce some proverbs I like and consider about creative people.

“Wiseman changes his mind, a fool never.”

It is originally described in Yì Jīng, an ancient book in China.
In Japanese, “Kunshi ha hyouhen su”.
Interestingly, in Japan this proverb is often misunderstood. “Hyouhen” means “change” but this word in Japanese is usually used about an evil behavior. So a lot of Japanese misunderstand that its meaning is that “Politicians frequently change his mind to suit his own convenience.”

Rule 1: accept the change!

“Fools say they learn from experience; I prefer to learn from the experience of others.”

This is a word by Otto Eduard Leopold Fürst von Bismarck-Schönhausen, a past minister in Germany.
Experience is a treasure of us. But the experience of a man is limited. I must recognize it as a doctor. I can treat one thousand patients in a year at most. On the other hand, there are vast academic articles about the treatment. It is human history against disease itself. So I must learn about them for the patient in front of me.

Rule 2: Steal from others!

“Fortune comes in at the merry gate.”

It means as you see.
Actually, I seldom smile. It is my disadvantage. To smile is an ability. To be thankful, to make a fun, or to be optimistic is very important for living.

Rule 3: Have confidence without evidence!

1 comment:

  1. That`s true. Smiling is important especially when you work in abroad... However, this is difficult. One tends to be serious when he works in unknown world and this is quite natural reaction. Latin people, Spanish, Italian, and other south Europian people, are always smiling and friendly. I think this is great avantage of them,----Though sometimes Japanese people laugh Latin people for being a too much optimist. Japanese must learn it from them.

    Peet

    ReplyDelete