Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sudan approve to stop FGM

Very recently, Sudan's cabinet decided to amend the criminal law for banning female genital mutilation.


According to the media, whoever violating this rule will be sentenced up to three years imprisonment.

I respect every culture in the world. Even it seems odd or strange, each habit has its own history and therefore should be respected.

Nonetheless, I do not accept such an evil act as cutting girl's genital. It is not only violating children's right but also quite risky for victim's physical and mental health.

Therefore, I approve the policy making of Sudan government.

I am afraid, however, some outdated citizens would continue to commit this wicked habit secretly. I expect Sudan government to make efforts to perish FGM.

No comments:

Post a Comment